Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How to Make Action Figures Into Charms


Ok, this isn't what I planned to write for my next tutorial, but I'm putting a bunch of ninja earrings and necklaces in my shop very soon, so I figured I might as well photograph the process and make it a tutorial!

You will need:
  • A thumbtack
  • A headpin
  • A small action figure, probably rubber or a plastic that isn't too hard or brittle.
  • Glue, if your action figure isn't rubber.
  • Jewelry pliers - it doesn't really matter which kind, even crimping pliers would probably work.


Step One: Get your ninja!


I'm using ninjas in this tutorial... I have them in 8 different colors and 12 different poses. LOL.

Step Two: Find the center of the ninja's head.

You want to find the point that's above the neck, because you want the hole we're going to be poked to poke down into the neck and not to come out under his chin.


Step Three: Poke Him!


Step Four: Poke him again! This time with the headpin. You might need to trim the headpin down a little.

Push the pin in with the pliers.

Step Five: Voila! Admire your new pendant or charm.


If your action figure wasn't made of rubber, which will tighten down over the headpin, glue the headpin in.

This also works great with those cute Japanese erasers!



And the little pop-top containers from the 25-cent machines that the ninjas come in are great packaging for small items!

These are a pair of earrings I just made that I will be listing on the shop as soon as possible. There's a matching ring, too! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment