Sunday, September 27, 2009

Corset Tutorial and Preliminary Pattern

I used a brown paper bag to make the pattern on, because it was the easiest way to get a large piece of paper. As it was, it wasn't big enough, and I'm going to have to redo the pattern before I test it out with an old sheet to see if it actually fits before doing it in the velvet.

I used a tutorial that I found online after many pages of searching through google. It's pretty good, too, though I did make some changes to the general instructions.

Here it is, for those who are interested.

I'll be writing a tutorial myself, based loosely on this one, but since I need to remake the pattern anyway I figured I would just do it then.

If you're wondering about the front section being so large, it's because the front is going to fold over itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment